Meal planning

Ok, so I've never done this meal menu planning thing before.  I've seen other people explain the way they do it, but its so hard to figure it our for your own family.  The only way I could get it to semi make sense for me was to work it out myself.  I'm sure I'll get it down over time...probably as soon as I have no time due to a crying baby...lol.  So here is my goal.

Once a week I want to try certain things.  So, Mondays I will try a new breakfast item.  Preferably one that is a little more time consuming than eggs or cereal, and preferably one that makes enough to cover and have stuff for the next day or two, or three.  Like Cinnamon rolls, or muffins of some kind.

Thursdays will be my shopping day for the week.

Fridays I will try some sort of new bread roll, or bread loaf.  I have NO talent whatsoever making things that require yeast, so I'm hoping that by trying and trying again, I might get it down a little better.  Or at least find one out of a hundred that I can actually make well.
Also, every other Friday, Rob and I will have a date night, so I get a freebie night!  Over time, that might change into takeout night when getting a sitter gets more expensive or hard to find ;)

Saturdays I will try to make a new kind of dessert, or a tried and true one.  And hopefully we'll have enough leftovers for Sundays dinner!

I'll try to make Sundays the special dinner night.  You know, the meals that take a little more planning and time to make.

I want to try to have some sort of sandwich for dinner at least once every two weeks.  Like tomorrow, I'm planning BLT's, and I have French dip sandwiches planned later in the month.

At least twice a month will be leftover night too!

I want to try to work in more freezer meals over time, but right now I A) don't have space in our small freezer, and B) need more time to plan those out.  I've tried to work in at least crock-pot meal a week, but I love using my crock pot, so it'll probably be a lot more than that.  And when I cook things that will freeze well, I want to try to remember to make a double recipe to freeze for later.  Like casseroles and soups and stuff.  I'm more concerned about doing that closer to my due date so I can build a store of stuff that I can just take out and cook =)

Theres just so many recipes I have pinned on pinterest, that look SOOOO good, that I've been meaning to try, but I just haven't gotten around to it.  Hopefully this will help me make my rounds.  With any luck, by the end of the year, I'll have tried most of the recipes I have on there!  Ok, wish me luck, I'll let you know how it goes as it goes. =)

Comments

  1. Meal planning is so tricky!! Every once and a while I'll plan the whole week out but it gets changed alot during the week... too much going on! lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ectopic Rupture

PCOS

My soapbox