My soapbox



I really don't get on here often enough, though it is more often than I write in my own journal. Rob and I are sitting here on the couch, each in our own respective little world. Me surfing the web, and reading my latest novel... this one is the 5th installment of the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon, which I highly recommend. I have fallen in love with the characters and story lines! I could really move to Scotland after this!

Rob is (I hope I don't embarrass him here) reading the first novel of Twilight! He has Twilight in one hand, and a thesaurus in the other hand...lol. I guess he is just trying to get his vocab up...though I don't know if I could really get into a book if I was stopping every other sentence and looking things up. I am glad he is trying though. He really does make me proud with how hard is is trying to improve his mind (or maybe just try to understand why I like the books so much...equally sweet), and get a job and provide for the little family we hope to start soon.

Now that gets me on another subject that I have thinking about. We want to start a family, and I'd like to hopefully find out that we are expecting by the beginning of 2012. I want to at the very least have our first child before I am 30, and lets face it...I'm starting to run short on time. The thing that is really frustrating me is that regardless of who you tell/don't tell, you run into two (and only two it seems like) types of people. 1)the people who are asking you every other day if you are pregnant yet, and when you are planning to become so. Oddly enough, these people bother me the least. And 2)the people who you confide to that you are actually hoping for it soon, and they look at you with that disapproving look, and tell you they think you should wait a bit before taking on something like that, and that its really a miserable thing to go through, and maybe you're not quite ready for that yet, and etc etc. Seriously, its not like I haven't had close friends/family members go through pregnancy and don't know that the entire thing has the potential to make you hate life for about 9 months (or longer depending on the child after birth). But the thing that kills me the most is that look. It is almost like, why don't you just go ahead and try to kill a couple more of my dreams, and while you're at it, there's a couple of kids over there that still believe in Santa... you should really set them straight too.
The fact is, I will have a family someday. There is never a "great" time to start. I'd be happy if I were pregnant right now, I'd be happy if I were to become pregnant later in the year. Whenever the Lord decides to bless us with a little bundle of joy (or misery, if you're one of those dream killing naysayers) is alright by me. I just don't really want your opinion on when YOU think it is right for me, cause as far as I'm concerned, that part is between me, my husband, and the Lord. No offense. Just be happy that I'm excited about the next step of life, cause it seems like less and less people in the world actually get excited about life. Let me have my joy.
Ok, I am dismounting my soapbox now, its bedtime.

Comments

  1. hey, so are u prego, and what was that about santa....plasea dont sa....oh no!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've come across those people you are talking about. Mostly they just say thing like vacations now, or do this or that now because you can't once you have kids...I say why not? You have to stop living because you have a baby?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, sister! You've got it right - your future family is between The Lord, your husband, and YOU. If you feel like you are ready, then you are. End of story. I will say a prayer that God's plan for you and Rob shows itself to you, and soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think anyone is ever really to have a baby. lol. You just have to want it and go for it, and I know you do. ;-) You and Rob will make amazing parents! I can't wait for you guys to have your lil bundle. Don't listen to anyone but you, rob and the lord. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Travis and I waiting 7 years before having Melanie and we got all sorts of crap for it. People would ask, "How long have you two been married?" "4 years." "How many kids do you have?" None. And then the look like we were the worst people in the world. Interestingly, as soon as I got pregnant, it was those same people telling me how horrible pregnancy is and how my life would be over after the baby was born. Personally, I would mentally tell them to shove it. When you have children is no one else's business. Those people always try and suck the good out of everything. Just be happy you're not one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Rant! Start the family, have lots of sex!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ectopic Rupture

PCOS