PCOS

So, I guess I'm not so crazy after all. I went to the doctor today. All the bloodwork tests came back and he wanted to meet with me to discuss them. He said we did every blood test twice because he said the results were so concerning he wanted to be sure there were no mistakes. The results are in. 1) My progesterone levels are extremely low. He said they are 1/10th the level they are supposed to be. I have been put on Prometrium to regulate the levels, and he hopes that in the next 6 months they will be at normal levels. And can I say...Dang that stuff is expensive!!! 2) I have Polycistic Ovarian Syndrome , read about it here, cause its is lengthy to explain. Anyway, if left untreated, I risk lengthy infertility, diabetes, heart disease, and stroke, so even if I weren't trying to get pregnant, this is something that I need to treat right away anyway. He thinks that in the next 6-12 months of treatment on Metformin HCL, I should be be able to get pregnant. However I do need to stay on Medication for that for the rest of my child bearing years. UGH. If I have still have trouble having a baby, then he can start me on fertility treatment.
So, it's really frustrating knowing that I actually do have something wrong. Its great to know its treatable. They say the medication can cause me to feel ill, dizzy, sore, and I could lose weight. The last one I'm kinda hoping for...lol. Bathing suit season is just around the corner! LOL.
Special thanks to Melody for sharing about her condition, which inspired me to actually talk to a doctor about my own situation.

Comments

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your problems. More of my friends have been having problems with getting pregnant. Now I'm not saying that I don't have problems either. I just got lucky to get pregnant twice and to not of had a miscarriage both times and to not of died myself. The sad part is that we have decided to not have anymore kids. Good Luck with your treatments and my fingers are crossed that it all works out well for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danica - I'm sorry to hear that your conditions were confirmed. I know that must weigh heavy on your heart. But just remember that the Lord is never going to put you through something you can't handle. Remember to breathe, remember to pray, and do everything your Doctor's tell you. You will be rewarded for your patience. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, sweetie, I'm so sorry. I'm relieved that there's a road to a baby, but I know that situation all too well. Having my own condition and having to go through EXPENSIVE medication to have a baby, I know it's hard. Especially when it seems everyone is either pregnant or just had a baby. Just have faith and know that it's more than possible. You'll be doing those 2am feedings before you know it. I'm only a phone call away if you want to talk. Keeping you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear your diagnosis. Have faith and be of good cheer. I have to sister-in-laws with the same thing and both of them have been able to have children. It's not easy but sometimes the struggles makes the triumphs that much sweeter. Take care Danica!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck sweetie! You are strong, beautiful, and so capable of getting through this struggle. I'll keep you in my prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ectopic Rupture

My soapbox