Another doctor follow up

Arg.  Another example of why I changed Dr's.

Today I had a follow up for my last hospital visit a month ago.  I had to see my old Dr. instead of my new one cause he was the first available.  I know, right?  Appearantly they are pretty busy over there.  Good thing it wasn't all that important.  Anyway, I went in today.  I was the first appointment of the day.  I still had to wait 30 minutes before the Dr came in!!!  How do you figure???  Then he finally comes in and just starts talking at me.
 *Backstory- Last month I went to the urgent care cause I was bleeding heavily.  Like, extremely heavily, and it wouldnt stop.  They sent me to the emergency room cause they wanted to do an ultrasound, but didnt have the tech there that day.  I went to the emergency room where they did a pregnancy test first, it was negative, so they said there was no need for an ultrasound.  It was just a hormone imbalance.  Cue meds, and a few days later the bleeding stopped.  Follow up recommended within 2 days*
So the Dr. starts talking at me.  Telling me that I was bleeding due to hormone imbalances.  (YA, I KNEW THAT).  That the birth control coming on the tail of  the ectopic surgery just sent me into a tail spin and its nothing to be concerned about.  (I FIGURED THAT WHEN THEY SENT ME HOME instead of admitting me).  That we can up my dose of B.C. and that should help stabilize my hormones over the next 3 months.  ("But we want to get pregnant.  We are only taking the B.C. temporarily to suppress my hormones and allow healing time.")  Oh, yes, yes, thats right.  Well, you can stop the B.C. now then, resume your Metformin, and start trying again. (Riiiiight.  Smile and nod, continue with the last month of birth control and then discuss the next step with my CURRENT Dr. who is not a big fan of metformin *I know its helped many people get pregnant, I'm not knockin the drug*)

Seriously, I don't even know why I had to go in.  They didnt take blood, do any tests, or anything.  He just talked at me and made decisions for me like he's my current DR.  According to my current DR, whom I have an appointment with on the 30th of this month, we have one more cycle of B.C. then he wants to start us on Clomid.  He doesnt want me to go back on Metformin unless clomid is unsuccessful and if I want to try that again.  Appearantly it did work for me, its just the stinkin' embryo didnt make it all the way to the finish line.  I'm open to other methods now.

Comments

  1. It is always not fun when you have a Dr that isn't your primary Dr telling you how you should run your life.
    Good luck with the whole medication situation and my finger's are crossed for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry this is becoming such a process. I wish you all the best. ISP seriously do!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ectopic Rupture

My soapbox

PCOS