Engaged!

Yay! Boy met girl, girl and boy fell in love, boy asked girl to marry him... girl said yes!

So, there have been many requests for the story of how Rob proposed, and many more for pictures of the ring. I didnt want to type the story out too many times, so I'll just give everyone the link here to read the hows, wheres, and whens! Oh, and my memory card is having trouble tranfering the pictures to the computer, so you'll all have to wait a bit for pictures!

On July 1st, which happened to be my mom's birthday, AND Canada Day, Rob took me to the LA Griffith Observatory. We went out to dinner before-hand to a sushi place that seemed like a random hole in the wall... little did we know that we'd end up sitting at the table next to Bette Midler! Anyway, we didn't bug her... just stared a little bit, and evesdropped a lot...lol. We finished dinner, and then headed over to the observatory. We watched the laser star show, and then went up to the top of the building overlooking L.A. It was very romantic! Then Rob would start to tell me how much he loved me, and then we'd walk to another part of the roof. Then he reminded me that we had had one of our first dates at the Observatory, and then walked to another part of the roof. I knew it was going to happen that night, cause I could see the ring box in his pocket...but when they announced that the Observatory was going to close in 5 minutes sharp, I started to wonder if he had changed his mind. As we turned to head out, Rob "accidentally" dropped his keys, dropped to both knees to pick them up, and then turned to me with the ring box in hand and asked me to marry him. Yes, thats right, he was on both knees... that made it extra special! I said yes, he said "yes what?"...hmmmm.... I said "yes please?" he said "yes what?" again, and then I got it... I said yes I'll marry you, and he put the ring on my finger. It was one i had tried with him once and had fallen in love with! We left walking on air!

So, now we are trying to plan a November 7th wedding, amid work and school schedules... not the easiest thing, but it will get done! I can't wait to join the Winberg family!

Comments

  1. congrats! My anniversary is Nov 6 - gorgeous weather that time of year!

    FYI - http://teeganphotography.com/index2.php

    :) I'm just sayin. ...

    also, I know a TON of wedding planning resources, so let me know if I can help at all.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I laughed out loud at the "yes please?" part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats! im so happy for you guys. i remember when casey and i were about to get married. i told rob hed better marry you... or else.. im glad he took my advice. hahah. u guys are perfect for eachother. :)

    PS: my blog is kendellwrae.blogspot.com

    ~Kendell Wrae Evans

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very happy for you. Don't you love how the guys put so much thought into the proposal...so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So stinking cute! I am so happy for you? Are you going to hire Jen to do your photos?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is Sis Klepinger-I'm so happy for you!!! What a romantic evening...I laughed at the "Yes, please" You are so cute!!!
    Please so Hi to your Mom for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Danika! Congrats on the engagement! That is great!! November is a great month, it will be 10 years for us this November..crazy!!
    Sounds like a keeper, loved the story!!
    xoxo
    Lyndsie(klepinger)McMullin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ectopic Rupture

Oh Happy Day

My soapbox