Adventures with the Dr...part 2

So, I decided that since I took the last of my blood tests last week, it would be a safe bet that I could call and get some of the results from them. So I called, and had to wait for a call back from the nurse. She finally called and told me that the last time I took my progesterone test it was a 0.8, and this time it was a little bit higher, but still low, at 1.5. Now, I dont really know what normal levels are, but I heard it was somewhere between 8-10, and thats just me remembering badly something I read a while ago. Anyone have any knowledge on that area?
The other two hormones they tested me for on the 3rd she said were elevated. Now I dont know if thats good or bad, or even what they were...anyone know of the other two main hormones they generally check for with these kinds of things? And is elevated bad? I guess it would be hard to say without knowing what they are, huh? So, I have to go back in a week and take that blood test again. Seriously, I'm not one to feel ok when I flunk tests. And I cant even study for these...hahaha, bad joke. Seriously, maybe I should go back and erase that...nah.

Side note. I have dyed my hair. It is red. Yes. Red. A lot of comments I get are something like this... "Wow, you dyed your hair! It so...red. It's...nice..." Shut up. lol. I like it! It's a little bright, and I might tone it down to a little darker to look a little bit more natural, but its not like its clown red. Its just very vivid. I love it. The little girls I teach in Sunday School told me I look like Ariel from the Little Mermaid. That made me smile inside =)


Comments

  1. Why didn't you ask the nurse all these questions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt like she was in a hurry. I felt bad

    ReplyDelete
  3. She probably tested you for your FSH level and Estradiol level. Thoses tests are always done on 3rd day. You need to ask her what the numbers are and I will tell you. I have been doing those tests for years. If they are the tests that I have stated above and they are elevated... you might have a harder time getting pregnant. NOT THAT YOU WON'T, IT JUST MAY BE HARDER. Chin up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When it comes to doctors, you have to be your own advocate--corner them, ask them, you're paying them, for crying out loud. And don't tone down your hair. It's lovely. Be wild and vivacious. Life is more fun that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your progesterone levels are suppose to different during the different phases of your cycle. Follicular phase 0.2 - 1.5, Ovulation phase 0.8 - 3.0, Luteal phase 1.7 - 27. Most doctors test for progesterone during the luteal phase. When I had mine tested I was 1.7, but my doctor considered that very low and wanted me around a 12. I'm not sure about the hormones tested on day 3, hopefully someone can help you out there. Here is a website that might help: http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/hormonelevels.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dani -

    www.ourjourneyinfaith.wordpress.com

    This is a blog of a dear friend of mine. She knows ALL about these tests you are taking. She's been there, and then some. She and her husband have done IVF - we met when her first pregnancy resulted in her giving birth to a micro-preemie like Abby at the same time we were in the hospital. They lost their little angel, but they have the faith and the strength to try again! She is now pregnant for a second time and she documents the whole journey on her blog. I don't know what God has in store for you and Rob, but if you have questions, Janelle has answers! Hope this helps you.

    -Jen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ectopic Rupture

My soapbox

PCOS