Romance Challenge #3...finally

OK my friends... after a LONG hiatus, here we are again.  Hiatus partially because I went out of the country...more of that in another blog...and its so hard to get back going again once you've stopped...and partially because I got frustrated that I wasn't seeing immediate results.  I know...patience is a virtue, and I apparently was lacking in that particular virtue.  Well I will be pleased to update you with a pleasant update!  But to start us off today...Romance Challenge #3!!!

"Little Things Mean A Lot!
Every once in a while, a scene like this will play out while watching a romantic chick-flick in our house. 
Me: "awwww...that's so sweet/romantic/amazing... why don't you ever do anything special like that for me anymore?!?  That's so not fair.  You must not love me anymore." (something to that effect, knowing full well he does love me...don't worry...I'm little miss drama queen)

Rob:"Sweetie, we're married.  I don't need to do that stuff anymore"

Me: "But you could at least pretend you love me to make me feel better"

Rob: "But you know I love you, why do I need to do anything.  Besides...I wouldn't know what to do.  I'm not a Grand Gestures type of guy..."

Rob thinks to be romantic he needs big grand gestures of romance, but how happy would I be with just little ones sprinkled here and there?  And Visa/Versa...I think I get so caught up with the fact that he's not giving any little romantic gestures, that I forget that I am just as capable of giving them as he is.  The little things count, just as much, if not more than the big things!  Plus, they're a whole lot easier to pull off!  OK folks, take a look, choose at least one of the following, or make one up if none of them seem to fit in your household...remember, simplicity is key!

TODAY'S IDEAS
"1. Gift Wrap a wishbone in a jewelry box.  Send it to him or her with a note that says "I wish you were here."

2. Unplug the TV.  Put a note on the screen saying, "Turn me on instead."

3. Go though the revolving doors together.

4. Keep candles in the car.  Eat dinner by candlelight the next time you
 go to McDonald's.

5. Run your hands under hot water before joining your partner...in bed(!)

6. Look-no, gaze- into each others eyes more often.

7. Write him a little love note.  Insert it into the book he's reading."

"The relationship secret that's not really a secret:  Express your love in lots of little ways"

WHAT I DID
The night before I left for Australia, I didn't really write him little love notes, but I printed out some famous love poems, cut them out and signed them with X's and O's.  I left one in his lunchbox that he takes to work, and I left the other in front of his shaving razor (he doesn't shave often, so I knew it might be a week before he found that one.).  He found them while I was gone, and instead of "out of sight, out of mind", I ensured a "Absence makes the heart grow fonder!" 
Then some time after I got back, I posted a post-it to the TV that said "Turn me on instead."  I'll tell you girls, that was one of the first nights a basketball/hockey game was not on in our apartment! ;)

RESULTS!!!!
I'm so excited to tell everyone!!!! It's really working!  Maybe it was a result of the little efforts I've been making, maybe not.  Maybe he was just in a romantic mood...but I have to write it down!
One night I was goofing around on facebook.  Rob whined at me to turn it off and come watch the movie with him.  So I get off the computer and sit down with him, only to have him pause the movie, and get on the computer.  I was baffled!  Were you not just asking me to come over and sit with you?!?  However within moments, I start to hear the song that we danced to at our wedding start to play on full blast from the computer.  He sheepishly comes up to me and asks if he can have this dance.  Feeling a bit silly, I allow him to lead me onto the "dance floor."  We then slow dance to the entire song, complete with some spins and a dip, sprinkled with a few "I love you"s.  I don't know what inspired him, but it really made a difference, and I can't tell you how special it made me feel =)


And back to the challenge... if you have decided to accept this weeks challenge, please feel free to let me know what you did, and how it turned out!  I love hearing everyone's ideas of whats working for them!

Comments

  1. Very cute! Happy to hear you're doing so well! :) We do silly things like this a lot. When I'm cleaning house I have the iPod blaring. When Jeremy get's home I turn it down and put on more mellow music... he knows now that the music doesn't turn off until I get my slow dance! :) When he's ready to watch TV or have dinner, one of us will chose a slow song to dance and giggle to... then it's relax time. I works magic on a bad mood!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ectopic Rupture

Oh Happy Day

Engaged!