First appointment with Kaiser

Well, today I had an appointment at Kaiser.  Lots of newly pregnant moms there.  Lots of information; what to eat/not eat, expectations, possible symptoms... I think I was one of the more further along moms of the group, so some of the things were geared to early pregnancy and the first trimester, but still, lots of useful information.  We also had to fill out a form with SO many questions!  Then came time to do the one hour glucose test.

 First couple sips weren't so bad.  Kinda like an Orange Crush.  But cause you have to drink it fast, the more you drank the nastier it got!  About halfway into it, it was burning the back of my throat so bad, I started coughing!  So gross!  Then an hour later came the blood work, which I usually detest, so I had to work myself up to it...I sat down, looked away, and then realized a minute later, she was already in!  I swear, I hardly felt it.  Chalk one up for Kaiser!  I usually left Facey with bruises where the needle went in =(
Anyway, all my blood work came back normal =) yay!  Kaiser also wants to put me into this specific group called TIP, where a group of girls meet together with a midwife once a month and there are speakers and we get little goodies and do prenatal yoga...only catch is I have to go to Panorama City, but still, sounds pretty good... Anyone heard of it?
Other than that, feeling great.  Felt a little muscle spasm in my lower belly.  Made me think it was a random little kick, but at 13 weeks tomorrow, I'm sure its too soon, and for now will blame it on other bodily things =)

Oh, and we had a sort of family reunion/Robs brother getting sealed get together for the Easter weekend in the Reno, NV area.  That was a lot of fun to be with the whole family!

That's just Robs parents, siblings, their spouses and children.  We're a big group!  I'll post more about that later ;)

Comments

  1. Oh I remember that group meeting. Who's your doctor at Kaiser? I have Liem. I love her. She is the one who figured out I have PCOS, so Jose her a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first "kicks" I felt were like little flutters. The real spasm-y kicks happen later on! Give him/her a month though and you'll feel "rolling" under your skin! Crazy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ectopic Rupture

My soapbox

PCOS