Inspired

So that website Pinterest.com is totally a time sucker, but is also inspiring me!  I saw this post for an up cycled picture frame:
I thought that was totally adorable and such a great idea.  I was dreaming of different thrift stores or other types of stores that might have old windows that people didn't want anymore, and what I could do with them... then I got a stroke of genius!  We have this bookcase that my uncle gave us.  It used to have these glass paned front panels that could slide down and sit in front of the shelves protecting everything, or you could slide them up and out of the way.  Well the bookcase only had one of these panes left, so we just kept it up all the time.  I decided to take this pane off, paint it, decorate it, and somehow find a way to put pictures in it just like the idea from Pinterest.  Here is the result!  I LOVE it!!!


I super glued painted clothespins (surprisingly hard to find) onto the glass to make for easy switching of photos whenever I want, and decided to start with cute little pictures of Rob and I as kids at roughly the same ages.  I thought the red buttons made a cute little accent too!  Then I added wire to the back so I can hang it!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!  And all it cost me was $0.99 for the black acrylic paint, and $3.00 for the pack of buttons!  What a bargain!
Stay tunes for more inspiration!  I'm on a roll!

Comments

  1. What a cute idea! Yours is adorable. I love how you put those clothes pins on there so you could swap out the photos. Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danica, I love this! I have been in the process of updating photos around my house lately (it's about time--I don't think there's one framed photo of Eli and myself) and I've been looking for different ways to display pictures. This is perfect. It's simple, adorable, and crafty, but not in an overly-crafty way. Absolutely love it. Great work!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ectopic Rupture

My soapbox

PCOS