Yummy Ground Beef Stew!

So tonight I had no clue what to make for dinner.  I had no motivation to find and follow a recipe, and I wanted something that would fill my hubby and cook fast and easy.  Hmmmm.  What did I have in my fridge that would add the meat (since no meal is complete without meat according to the hubby)?  One portion of frozen ground beef.  (I buy the big ground beef from Costco, then put it into smaller frozen portions)  And that was it.  So I decided to try to recreate the yummy yummy stew that my sister and I put together when we were tent camping in Australia.  It turned out SO YUMMY again that I have to share!

Yummy Ground Beef Stew
Makes approximately 4 servings (or feeds one hungry husband and one wife with enough leftovers for one lunch)
1 lb ground beef (or ground turkey)
1 can beef broth (I used low sodium)
3/4 cup water (I just used 3/4 of the empty can of broth)
1 6oz can basil, garlic, and oregano tomato paste (plain will work too)
1 can corn or 2 corn on the cobs with the corn shucked off
1 large potato cubed
1 large carrot sliced
2 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
salt to personal taste

1.Cook ground beef (or ground turkey) completely in a large pot.  Flavor with salt as you see fit.  Do not drain! The juices add to the flavor!

2.Add entire can of beef broth.  Fill empty can 3/4 full with water and add to pot.  Stir.

3.Add entire can of tomato paste and stir.  Allow juices to come to a boil while you slice the vegatables.

4.Toss in the cubed potatos and sliced carrots, watch out for the splashes! 

5.Add entire can of corn.

6.Mix in chili and garlic powders, then add salt to taste. 

7. Allow to boil on medium low until potatos are thoroughly cooked (about 20-25 minutes)

Serve with hot garlic bread and be prepared to crave seconds!

P.S. I thought about adding some small pasta noodles while the juices were boiling, but chose not to at the last minute.  I'll bet you could and it would turn out just as good if you wanted to.  If you do, I would add maybe 1 whole can of water instead of just 3/4...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ectopic Rupture

My soapbox

PCOS