Romance Challenge



So how many times do us women complain about how much we wish our husbands/significant others were more romantic? In the beginning we were all aflutter, and just head over heels (and hopefully still are) but we must admit, that the excitement does fade with time. I found this great book at the Borders clearance sale called "1001 ways to be more romantic", so I thought it would be a really great challenge for myself. No matter how many hints I drop, lets face it, my husband may never be as romantic as I may want, but what if I took the initiative instead? What if I changed my attitude and started to try all the cute little suggestions? Would my husband follow my lead over time? Do we get what we give?



So here is my challenge. I will go through the topics in the book, and list them in the blog. I will try out one of the challenges and write out how it went at the end. Hopefully I'll have some pictures to post as well. Anyone who would like to follow along, also pick one of the ideas out, and then let me know how it went! I'd love to hear! I'll try to post 2 or 3 a week, but I promise to post at least one per week!

Romance Challenge #1
Once Upon a Time
...two people fell in love. Just like you. They did all the classic romantic things. But the passion faded after a few months. Is this inevitable???

In the beginning things like this happened...

A. He gave her a dozen roses and a box of chocolates on Valentines Day.
B. She wrote him long romatic love letters. He sent her greeting cards.
C. They talked and cooed on the phone. During work. And late at night.
D. He took her to see every romantic movie that year.
E. He gave her pufume. She gave him cologne.
F. They celebrated special occasions with a bottle of champagne.
G. She served dinner by candlelight. He served breakfast in bed.

So here is this weeks challenge. Think of the romantic little things you used to do when you and your significant other were first dating. Feel free to share. I remember Rob and I used to go in the hot tub all the time. He used to make all sorts of cute remarks about how beautiful he thought I was in a bathing suit, and I used to tease him about how I could wash clothes on his washboard abs. It was very flirty and fun! hmmm...Maybe we can fit in a visit to the hot tub tonight... ;)

Comments

  1. You are adorable! I think this is a great idea and I'll try out the challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris and I used to do all sorts of romantic things in the beginning, but yes it has faded a little over time on both ends. I will definitely take this challenge! This will be a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea. I have the same book, but haven't looked at it in a couple years! I think I'll take the challenge along with you too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm so excited for this challenge! I'm so glad you guys are gonna follow along!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ectopic Rupture

My soapbox

PCOS