Happily Ever After







Romance Challenge #2

How would you grade your relationship right now?

A = Passionate, exciting, loving, fulfilling; not perfect- but clearly excellent.
B = Very good, solid, better-than-most, consistent, improving.
C = Average, acceptable, status quo, okay- but static, ho-hum, sometimes boring.
D = Below average, unhappy, dismal; bad not hopeless.
F = Hopeless, depressing, dangerous; tried everything, it didn't work.

Now, I'm no relationship expert, I've had my ups and downs, and I know what works for me. I won't say what I'm grading my own relationship as, but I am striving for an A, which is why I have taken on this challenge for myself. Hopefully no one reading this feels their own relationship is at an F, but there is always hope. So here's to baby-steps toward a grade A relationship!


Today's ideas are:
1. Give your lover a dozen roses - and do it with a creative twist. Give eleven red roses and one white rose. Attach a note that reads:
"In every bunch there's one who stands out-
and you are that one."

2. Sending a birthday card isn't just a good idea, it's an obligatory romantic gesture. But how about doing something different this year? On your lover's birthday, send a "thank you" card to his or her mother.

3. Gallantry never really goes out of style. So every once in a while kiss her hand with a flourish. Note: The proper way to kiss a woman's hand is to lower you lips to her hand. You don't raise her hand to your lips.

4. Thoughtfulness is merely the beginning! True romantics know how to go above and beyond the call of duty: Following a bubble bath you've prepared for her, wrap her in a towel that you've warmed up in the dryer.

"These are the secrets of turning your relationship into a love affair"


What I did:
This topic was pretty tough. Rob's birthday was a few months ago, so that one was out, and he may look at me a little strangely if I started trying to kiss his hand. He definitely wouldn't appreciate the flowers, so that left me with the only idea left that you actually have to think about it and be creative. (I read into it as be creative with something like a bubble bath, since rob doesn't actually take baths, so that one was out too.) TMI WARNING! So on Robs day off yesterday, I sent him a few thoughtful text messages when I was at work. Then right before I came home for lunch, I told him to pick out his favorite sexy outfit of mine and lay it out. Needless to say, he was very excited to see me home for lunch! I don't think he's ever greeted me at the door before! lol. Then that night, before we went to bed, I snuck into our room and I turned down his side of the bed...

Did you see the chocolate on his pillow? He loved that part!


*Ok, so now its your turn! Pick one of the four, and get creative! This isn't meant to be super easy, but it shouldn't be hard either. Look for ways to pleasantly surprise your loved one. I can't wait to hear the results of what you chose!

Comments

  1. You two are so cute! Have fun being "creative"

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahha i cracked up when you wrote you were coming home on your lunch break and rob met you at the door. haha. nookie always gets men pumped up. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. "a few thoughtful text messages" Thoughtful huh...is "thoughtful" your censorship word? I know how it is ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun idea ~ good for you! My hubby and I used to leave notes for each other all the time when we were dating, so I'm leaving him a few notes again this week. Not sure what I'll do next, but its fun to think about! Keep up the good work ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ectopic Rupture

My soapbox

PCOS