Slightly nervous

So, let me preface this blog by saying that about 6 or 7 years ago, I had a doctor tell me at my yearly womans visit that I may have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, but that she didnt want to check or do tests until I was closer to wanting to have kids. She didnt want to test because she didnt want me to have a pre-existing condition. So here I am, years later, and I thought that if Rob and I were going to start trying in the next year, I should check that out, in case there were steps I needed to take to actually get pregnant.
I had my doctors appointment a few days ago, and the doctor I saw was really great and informative. He did say that by looking at me, he didnt think that I had PCOS, but that we'd do a complete workup just to make sure everything was alright. So my homework was: a bloodtest at day 3 of my cycle to check two hormone levels (dont remember which ones), a blood test at day 22 of my cycle for progesterone, take ovulation tests for two months, and then meet again. Well, I was able to take my progesterone blood test that same day cause I was on day 23, which he said was close enough, so I went and got poked. Ouch!
Today I got a call from the doctors, which suprised me. I wasnt expecting to talk to them until my two month mark. The nurse said that my Progesterone level was too low, and that they want me to take the blood test again just to be sure, in two weeks.
Now, I may be jumping the gun, but that phone call kinda makes me want to cry. From what I've been reading, if I do in fact have low progesterone, that is no bueno! No progesterone = no baby. Now, there is treatment, which is a plus, but maybe I should wait until all the tests are final and get an actual verdict before I freak out. Sigh. Rob thinks I'm being silly and says that there is nothing wrong with me. I sure hope he's right.

Comments

  1. Don't worry so much! Worry=No Good : ) haha. Plus there is so much out there that can help if you do need any....but in the meantime just be excited about 2011 and what it can bring!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to wish good health upon you. I know exactly what you are going through. I hope it all comes back with good results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lot to think about -I really hope it all goes well! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Low Progesterone? No worries. You will just take a few hormone pills and all will be well. I remember my thyroid was off. Really off. I am now on Levothyroid and now I am back to normal. I promise you will have babies... lots of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom has PCOS and another condition that makes having kids difficult. Yet, she had 4. And that was in the 80s when medicine wasn't quite what it is today. If anything, my OB/GYN is literally the best. One doctor said I shouldn't have kids because of some health concerns. Too dangerous. What did she know?!? My OB/GYN took care of me. You'll get that baby. Don't worry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry if I'm being insensitive, but I'm with Rob on this. When doctors work there is a reason they call it "practice", cause they can never be sure. What do they know. but I'll tell you someone who doesn't practice, God. If He wants you prego you will be prego, stop worryin and start praying, now go get laid.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ectopic Rupture

Oh Happy Day

My soapbox