Fondue Success!

Ok, so I know that when there's something that I can't stop thinking about, I should probably write about it in my journal or blog about it. Guess which one I chose? lol

Monday night we did what we call a "Family Home Evening," or a night of the week set aside to do something special with your family, bond and have a special moment studying something from the scriptures (Bible/Book of Mormon). Most of the time that is on a Monday night. Since we don't have a family of our own yet, and we probably might be considered odd going to the singles ward FHE, we decided to have our own Young Married Adult FHE.We hope it will help us stay motivated to keep up the habit of FHE and bond and learn more about other couples in the area! So far it has been really fun!

This last Monday we did a New Years Fondue night, and we made Spinach artichoke fondue, and chocolate fondue. Let me tell you...it was SO DELICIOUS! I found this great recipe that is supposedly the exact recipe that the Melting Pot uses, and it was also alcohol free (I know, I know, the alcohol burns off...still was aiming for alcohol free though). I love the Melting Pot, so I thought I'd give it a try. I had a moment of panic when I realized we didn't have the canned artichokes in the cubbard like I thought, but I sent the hubby to the store quickly and that was fixed before everyone got here. I even hand grated the fresh garlic, and almost made myself sick with how strong that smell was. Talk about dedication! But then everyone got here, we combined all the ingredients, and once the garlic induced nasia passed, got to try the finished product. OH. MY. GOODNESS. It was just as delicious as The Melting Pots, if not more! We paired it with bread peices, apples, broccoli, and carrots. Before the evening was done, there wasn't a single drop left! The chocolate fondue was the perfect way to complete it too! Milk chocolate with strawberries, bannanas, and cakes and marshmallows! Yummy!

But not only was the food great, but everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves! I love to see people come together and enjoy an evening socializing and smiling and laughing. It really gives me a warm feeling inside! But anyway, I thought I'd share the recipe since this is a wonderful, cost friendly way to experience someplace like the Melting Pot, without paying the super high cost!

Spinach Artichoke Cheese Fondue

8 oz. Vegetable Boullion
1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
4 oz. cooked spinach
4 oz. canned artichoke, drained, chopped
1 1/2 Fontina cheese, shredded (we used smoked Fontina=) )
1 1/2 Butterkase cheese, shredded (found at Whole Foods, but we used Gouda
since I couldn't get there in time)
2 tbsp flour
3 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated

Cubed bread, veggies and apples to dip

Directions:
1. Heat bouillon in a pan until boiling.
2. Transfer bouillon to heated fondue pot, and add the garlic, spinach and artichoke.
3. Before adding the shredded cheeses to the pot, lightly dust the cheeses with the flour.
4. Slowly add a portion of the cheese and stir in a "figure 8" with a long spoon.
5. Add the rest of the cheese in small amounts, as in step 4, until all is melted and fondue has the consistancy of warm honey.
6. Dip and eat!



I love to try new recipes (or even old ones that I love!) and so I'll try to share any recipes that I just fall in love with! Especially since it's hard for me to find recipes that I dont have to modify since I dont/wont eat onions, and a variety of other gross foods. haha. Check back often and I'll share more!
Happy Wednesday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ectopic Rupture

Oh Happy Day

Engaged!