Break my heart a little more

So some people know, but others dont. My sister-in-law Stacy passed away on Friday due to complications from breast cancer. She was simply an amazing woman. The whole family is have a tough time with it. I want to do anything and everything I can to help in any way needed, but at the same time, I dont want to be in the way, or stepping on feet, or even benig there when people may be just wanting quiet and alone time to sit with their thoughts. That plus being 45 minutes away means I cant just pop in and leave if its not a convenient time. See the delimmah?

Anyway, I was talking to my brother today and just letting him talk and vent, and being there to listen for him, cause thats what families do. My heart is breaking for him. How could your heart not break when he says that he now gets jealous when he sees a couple in their 80's arguing over which tomatoe at the supermarket theyre going to pick. or when he says its not fair that out of her only 40 years on this earth, he only got her for 6 of them. He's trying to hold a family together in this rought time, but who's holding him together?

Comments

  1. So sorry for your family's loss. My thoughts are with you and your brother during this time of grief. May your family's love and memories or her bring you some comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a hard time for you and your family. Just being there when you are needed really helps. I'm sure your brother appreciated the time that you took to just listen. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ectopic Rupture

Oh Happy Day

Saying goodbye, and catching up